| Details :
||History of Thai Postal Services
The General Post Office Building was official opened on June 24th, 1940. It is a T-shaped, four-storey building with a basement, built in a combination of Neo Classic and Functionlist styles. Simple in style, the building is decorated with stucco mouldings depicting mythical Garuda birds, in the two frontal corners, and two stucco mouldings made in the form of the Seal of the Post Office on each side of the four walls of the main hall on the ground floor, making eight seals in total.
Having provided post and telecommunication services for a long time, the place has become well-known to Thais and foreigners. In the near future, it will be made into the centre for the history of the Thai Postal service and will continue to serve as the centre of postal services.
On April 9th, 2004, following an announcement by the Department of Fine Arts, the General Post Office Building is condsidered to be an historical site according to Historical Sites, Historical Objects, Art Objects and National Museum Act, B.E. 2504, amended in B.E. 2535.
Quantity of stamps : 700,000 pieces
Composition : 20 stamps per sheet
Printing Process: Lithography Multi-colour
Designer : Mr.Udorn Niyomthum (Thailand Post Company Limited)
FDC Price : 21 Baht
Quantity of FDC : 15,000 covers